· Prepare slides covering each portion of the required information.
· A clean hard copy of the power point slides on a light or white background is presented to the clinical instructor for faculty evaluation.
· It is not necessary to give a handout to each student in the clinical group since everyone can easily view the presentation.
· Make sure the background color is easy to see and read.
· Pictures and video streaming can be added—be creative.
· Description and definition of the pathophysiology of the client’s primary admitting medical/ surgical diagnosis.
· Identification of a least three (3) appropriate nursing diagnoses with supporting objective and subjective client data.
· Development of the Top Priority Nursing Diagnosis, a 2 or 3 part nursing diagnosis, goal, outcomes, and interventions with rationales and evaluation.
· An appropriate broad goal and specific outcomes for the top priority nursing diagnosis.
· Outcomes are specific and measurable and are written the opposite of the defining characteristics (signs and symptoms/AEB).
· Identification of appropriate nursing interventions/nursing actions (assess, do, teach) for the priority nursing diagnosis.
· Include references and rationales for each intervention
· Evaluation of each outcome criteria and modifications, as applicable, for the priority nursing diagnosis.
· Information must be easy to read, neat and clearly written with correct spelling and grammar. Utilize college writing labs for assistance.
· Reference all resources utilizing the APA format
A minimum of 4 references should be used.