Make a quality initiative proposal (7–10 PowerPoint slides) through a presentation, interpreting and communicating dashboard data to support the proposal.
In this assessment, you will make a QI initiative proposal based on a health issue of professional interest to you. This proposal will be based on an analysis of dashboard metrics from a health care facility.
You need to have access to dashboard metrics related to a QI initiative proposal of interest to you:
· Analyze data from the health care facility to identify a health care issue or an area of concern. You will need access to reports and data related to care quality and patient safety. If you work in a hospital setting, contact the quality management department to obtain the data you need.
· You will need to identify basic information about the health care setting, size, and specific type of care delivery related to the topic that you identify. You are expected to abide by standards for compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Complete the following steps for your proposal:
· Analyze data to identify a health care issue or an area of concern as it relates to a state, national, or accreditation benchmark requirement relevant to your professional setting.
· Evaluate the quality of the data.
· Outline a QI initiative proposal based on the selected health issue or area of concern and supporting data analysis to improve identified dashboard metric. The interactive activity Designing a Quality Improvement Initiative can get you going on the first steps of a QI process and your assessment.
· Identify the target areas of improvement and outcome measures.
· Include the QI model that will be utilized.
· Specify evidence-based strategies that will be utilized.
· Integrate interprofessional perspectives and actions to lead quality improvements in patient safety, cost-effectiveness, and work-life quality.
· Specify roles and responsibilities.
· Apply effective collaboration strategies to promote QI of interprofessional care.
· Include specific communication tools.
· Deliver a persuasive, coherent, and effective audiovisual presentation. Integrate relevant sources to support arguments, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Be sure that your proposal, at minimum, addresses each of the bullet points. You may also want to read the Data Analysis and Quality Improvement Initiative Proposal Scoring Guide to better understand the performance levels that relate to each grading criterion. Additionally, be sure to review the Guiding Questions: Data Analysis and Quality Improvement Initiative Proposal [DOCX] Download Guiding Questions: Data Analysis and Quality Improvement Initiative Proposal [DOCX] document for additional clarification about things to consider when creating your assessment.
our assessment should also meet the following requirements:
· Length of submission: 7–10 PowerPoint slides, with speaker’s notes, not including title slide and attached reference list. Balance text with visuals. Avoid text-heavy slides. Use speaker’s notes for additional content.
· Length of presentation: No more than 10 minutes.
· Number of references: Cite a minimum of five sources (no older than seven years, unless a seminal work) of scholarly or professional evidence to support your evaluation, recommendations, and plans.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style. Review the Evidence and APA section of the Writing Center for guidance.