The purpose of this assignment is to learn how to create a flowchart and improve a process and summarize the results. You will create a process to improve flowcharts.
As-Is Process Flowchart Evaluation
Select a process from an organization you work for or are familiar with. You will use this process in your Week 2 and Week 4 Assignments as well.
Create a flowchart of the as-is process using Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint®, Visio®, or Excel®. Insert your flowchart below this line.
Evaluate the efficacy of your process using process improvement techniques. Write your evaluation below this line.
Process Improvement Flowchart
Determine how the process can be improved based on the results of your evaluation.
Define metrics and measure the current process. Insert the metrics and measures below this line.
Use process improvement techniques to improve the process. Create a flowchart of the improved process using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, or Excel. Use your professional judgment to ascertain how the future process will perform according to your metrics. Insert new flowchart below this line.
Write a 350-word executive summary that includes the following:
· A brief description of the process based on the flowchart of processes current state
· The results of your process evaluation and how the weak points can be strengthened. Include a description of the process improvement technique(s) used.
· A brief description of process improvements based on the process of the future state
· How you anticipate the future process will perform based on metrics used to evaluate process current state
· A description of your process improvement project to achieve the process future state
Insert your summary below this line.
Cite references to support your assignment.
Format your citations according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.