Evaluation Title: Information Literacy and Society
This assignment requires you to put the skills you have mastered throughout the course into practice as you reflect on the sociocultural issues and implications involved with the concept of information literacy.
For this assignment, you will conduct research, evaluate sources, and in a two (2) to three (3) page reflective essay, share your thoughts on how you see information literacy being applied in our society. You are required to use, cite, and reference at least two scholarly sources to support your ideas.
Possible prompts include:
· Are some groups more informationally literate than others? If so, why?
· Is this related to the concept of “information privilege”? If so, can you explain how?
· How does society benefit from a population that is informationally literate?
· How does society suffer from a population that is not?
· Do you believe our society values information literacy? Why do you feel as you do?
· Should we care about whether a society possesses information literacy skills? (Tip: Look back to the learning map material for unit 7; you can cite the map as a source).
You may use the personal pronoun “I” in this essay. For the two scholarly sources, be sure to provide an in-text citation such as (Smith, 2020) or when using a quote (Smith, 2020, p. 82) and the corresponding reference in APA style.
Your assignment submission should be a Word document that fully adheres to the instructions listed above and includes a title page and reference page correctly formatted to meet APA style standards. Proofread the assignment for APA standards using the APA Format Checklist.