When reading through different dissertations, it is apparent that the literature review chapter contains the foundational knowledge that will help to support every other chapter in the book. Without a well-developed and concisely written document, all the dissertation components would soon fall apart or not align well enough to facilitate the reader’s transitioning and understanding.
One way to build an excellent literature review is to visually see how it is constructed and supported. This assignment will help you observe how the different sections of a literature section can be tied together to make sense to the reader.
1. Research and understand the way that mind mapping can reflect the internal reviews of important literature topics using an outside format. You will do this by viewing the suggested online resources and/or find some of your own mind mapping resources to help your understanding.
2. Now, re-read the literature review of the dissertation you selected. Use this dissertation as an example for you to analyze, dissect, and examine. Identify the many subtopics/headings used to cover all the information expressed.
3. You will create your mind map of the literature review of the dissertation you selected using the suggested online tools (30-day free option).
4. Next, you will discuss how you created this map and how it can visually take the reviewer from the very broad understanding of information all the way down to the very minute pieces, some of which may not affect the study, but you felt it had to be listed. Explain what you would consider the significant portions of the literature review and how they help to support the overall topic for the study.
5. The final portion of the paper will discuss how this activity of creating a Mind Map for the dissertation you selected helped you to better understand the flow of information and how you will use this strategy to develop the outline for your literature review once you reach the dissertation courses at the end of your program. Use the rubric for this assignment to ensure you have included all necessary information.
Follow APA writing style guidelines for this assignment. In addition to the Mind Map diagram, the paper should be 1000- words. Use headings to mark the specific sections in your paper. The title page and reference pages do not count towards the minimum word count. Include at least two (2) credible citations for your ideas and reflections.
Length: 1000 – words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least two (2) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).