Identify Research Gaps and Problems
For this submission, you will identify gaps in the scholarly literature on your topic and develop a 3 to 4-page overview that experts in your field support. In the BUS-7100 Scholarly Literature Review course, your signature assignment was to present a literature review on a topic of interest to you so that you can build on this work now.
· Describe your topic to establish the main ideas and context.
· Reflecting on the literature review from BUS 7100, identify 3 possible business-related issues you could use for your research study.
· Orient the reader to the basic concepts about your topic. What is the current issue? Why is it important? Who will be helped if a solution is discovered?
· Describe the facts and relevant context as a foundation for the study problem – do not explicitly state the problem.
· Focusing on your area of research interest, briefly lay the groundwork for what has been done in the area and why the area is of important social or practical business concern or theoretical interest.
· Present an overview explaining why this research topic is currently of interest.
· Explain how the topic aligns with your degree and specialization (theoretical vs. practice-based).
Tips for Success
· Use APA format and writing style. Alternatively, use the Academic Writer tool in the Academic Success Center .
· Include appropriate, recent (published within the last 3 years) scholarly sources to support each assertion or argument.
· Support your assignment with at least five scholarly resources. Not sure if your source is scholarly or peer-reviewed? Use UlrichsWeb
· In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included